Never mind journalism and new media: I’m going to be the next Sergio Valente!
While searching the “Arts/Entertainment/Publishing” listings on Yahoo! HotJobs , I came across this ad, which could not possibly be a more perfect match for my career aspirations (I left the ad as-is, so blame them for the errors and not yours truly):
Are you an experienced Apparel Designer with bilingual Korean language skills? Do you have at least 10 years denim design for Women’s / Juniors? Are you looking for a new opportunity with a leading apparel company? Then keep reading…
We are a leading apparel company based in New Jersey seeking an experienced denim designers who has bilingual Korean and English language skills.
Key responsibilities include:
– Create new designs for Juniors denim lines
– Evaluate prototypes, pre-production and production samples ensuring conformity to specs and resolving quality issues
– Work with technical design team creating tech packs
– Communicate with overseas Asian teams as well as internal teams
The qualified candidate will have:
– 10+ years of apparel / fashion design experience
– Must have experience with Women’s and Juniors casual or sportswear lines with emphasis in denim
– Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
– Adept at both Mac and PC platforms
– Flexible, creative, and detail-orientated
– Willing to work long hours to meet deadlines
– Bilingual in Korean and English
– Competitive compensation
– Comprehensive benefits
– Opportunities for growth
– Much more!
So if you have at least 10 years Fashion / Apparel Design experience with expertise in Juniors denim and are bilingual in Korean, then apply today!
How do you say, “WTF?” in Korean?